Egg Nog is a drink that you either love or hate I for one love it. It really puts me in the Christmas spirit. Creamy and just so yummy. See below for an easy recipe.
2 cup. Milk
1/2. Teaspoon cinnamon ground
plus more for garnish1/2 tsp.
ground nutmeg1/2 tsp.
pure vanilla extract6
large egg yolks1/2 cup
granulated sugar1 cup
heavy cream1 cup
bourbon or rum (optional)
Whipped cream, for serving
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla and slowly bring mixture to a low boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk egg yolks with sugar until yolks are pale in color. Slowly add hot milk mixture to egg yolks in batches to temper the eggs and whisk until combined.
- Return mixture to saucepan and cook over medium heat until slightly thick (and coats the back of a spoon) but does not boil. (If using a candy thermometer, mixture should reach 160º.)
- Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream and, if using, bourbon. Refrigerate until chilled.
- When ready to serve, garnish with whipped cream and cinnamon.